||Peter "Pete" Hauser
1987 - Football - Cheyenne
DATE OF BIRTH: 1884
DATE OF DEATH: July 21, 1935
- BIRTH PLACE: El Reno, Oklahoma
- TRIBE: Cheyenne
- EDUCATION: Haskell Institute, Lawrence, Kansas
Carlisle Indian School, Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- SPORTS DATA: Football: Fullback
- Varsity Football letterman, Haskell Indians, 1904 and 1905
- Varsity Football Letterman, Carlisle Indian School, 1906, 1907, 1908, 1909, 1910
- Captain, Carlisle Redskins Football Team, 1910
- National Honor Selection to All-American Honorable Mention, 1910
- Quote: Fabulous Redmen - Coach Warner was once asked by a Carlisle Herald reporter to name an All-Time Carlisle Indian Team. According to the reporter, Warner’s choice for the position of fullback was Peter Hauser. Warner explained his selection by estimating the merits of each man.
- Hauser: Great fullback and passer. Hauser, who sometimes is credited with having thrown the first spiral pass, would hit his ends on the dead run with uncanny accuracy. Pete Hauser was practically a replica of Jim Thorpe. He was as good as Jim in all sports except track.