|| Frank Hudson
1973 - Football - Laguna
DATE OF BIRTH: 1875
DATE OF DEATH: Unknown
- BIRTH PLACE: Paguate, New Mexico
- TRIBE: Laguna Pueblo
- EDUCATION: Carlisle
- SPORTS DATA: Football: Quarterback - Carlisle
- Quarterback Second Team All-American 1890, Walter Camps Selection
- Captain Carlisle Football Team 1898
- "Hudson, one of the best players ever seen on any football field." His greatest asset was his ability to drop kick with unerring accuracy from 30 and 40 yards.
- Small in stature 5’6" and weighing only 130 lbs. he was a giant on the gridiron. He quarterbacked the team through three victories in one week, defeating Illinois 23-6, Cincinnati 10-0, and Ohio State 20-12.
- In the "unbelievable" Penn game of 1897, Frank Hudson established himself as the greatest drop kicker in the nation. He kicked two perfect drop kicks to win the game. A week previous he defeated Yale by the same method.
- On December 27, 1896 Carlisle played and defeated Wisconsin, in what is known as the first game under electric light.